www.jandltweed.com is owned and operated by Links House Limited. If you have any questions regarding the website or these terms and conditions, or in the unlikely event that you have any complaints about any products purchased by you from the website you can contact us at:
SmartMediaScotland Office, Victoria Building, High Street, Tain, Ross-shire IV19 1AE United Kingdom.
The purchase of products through this web page is governed by these terms and conditions. By accessing the site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The information contained within this website and online store are, to the best of our knowledge, correct at the time of publishing. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the prices and sizes are accurate to specification, J&L Tweed reserves the right to change, modify, substitute or remove without notice any information on this site.
- J&L Tweed endeavours to ensure that the information posted by it on the website is accurate and complete. J&L Tweed does not, however, guarantee that the Content or any other information available on the website is accurate and/or error free, J&L Tweed does not promise that the functionality of the Website or Content will be error-free or that the website, content or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, malicious code or other components which are potentially harmful. J&L Tweed recommends that all users of the Internet ensure they have up to date virus checking software installed.
- All goods must be paid for with the order unless prior arrangements have been made. We reserve the right to refuse delivery if payment is not made. All goods remain the property of J&L Tweed until payment is made in full. All rights including without limitation copyright, design and trademark rights in the website are owned by J&L Tweed.
- The products supplied from this website are supplied by J&L Tweed, trading as: www.jandltweed.com is a limited company incorporated in Scotland, England and Wales, company number [SC385084], having its principal office at: Links House Dornoch, Golf Course Road, Dornoch, Sutherland, United Kingdom.
- All prices, where relevant, are inclusive of VAT. [Links House Ltd] V.A.T registration number is 
- All orders are subject to acceptance by J&L Tweed. In the unlikely event that products are unavailable, or where there have been errors in pricing, we may have to decline an order. In this case, we will advise you as soon as possible and ask for your instructions. We will not debit your credit card or charge card, or process any other method of payment until an order has been accepted
- Neither you nor J&L Tweed will be liable for any delay or failure to perform our respective obligations under this contract due to any cause beyond our reasonable control including without limitation any act of God, strike, lockout, trade dispute, traffic accident or any act or omission of any government or regulatory authority.
- This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Orders are not accepted from persons under the age of 18 years old. By placing an order you demonstrate that you are over such an age. Where you place an order and are under that age you are in breach of contract. The holder of the credit or debit card that you use will be fully liable for all sums charged.
- J&L Tweed has the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Website.
- Please note that in some countries additional duties may be payable to your local tax authorities on receipt of your delivery. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order. Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
- These terms and conditions and all disclaimers and other material on our website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scottish law and any disputes shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
All goods should be counted and checked for damages upon receipt, and any shortage or damage should be reported to us by telephone on: +44 (0)75553 30874 within 48 hrs of delivery. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report similar. Credit may not be given for goods returned without prior agreement from a J&L Tweed customer service employee. No claims will be entertained unless the above conditions are adhered to. We operate a fourteen day, no quibble returns policy
Contact us by phone, email or standard mail: email@example.com
Goods must be returned undamaged – we advise you to use the protective packaging the goods were sent to you in
Postage is payable by you, the customer
No credit or refund will be given for losses due to incorrect storage or use by the customer of any goods supplied by J&L Tweed.
All complaints are dealt with equally and fairly. We will respond to all complaints within 72hrs, usually the same day. Where possible we aim to resolve all complaints immediately and at the most within two working days. Any customer details passed to us during this process are kept confidential, and we will keep you fully informed during the complaint process. To contact customer service please write to the address shown on the company page, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: +44 (0)75553 30874
Delivery & Returns
Links House at Royal Dornoch Shop +44 (0)1862 810279 email@example.com Opening times 9.30am 5.30pm Mon – Sat 10.00am 5.00pm Sun 10.00-5.00pm
Coast Candles firstname.lastname@example.org Opening times 10.00am 6.00pm Mon – Sat 11.00am 5.00pm
Available 6 days a week from Coast Candles in Dornoch. This service is free for all items. Upon collection proof of purchase and valid ID will be required.
Standard UK home delivery
Our standard UK delivery charge is £6.95, free when orders are valued at over £200. We deliver most items within 10 working days, please allow up to 4 weeks for out of stock items. Made to order products may take between 4 -12 weeks. Delivery is carried out by our approved couriers. Where possible we endeavour to send all of your order together however multiple items may be delivered separately. Please note, you will only be charged one delivery charge per order.
Delivery charges are based on the total cost of your order:
|Country||Up to £49||£50-£99||£100-£199||Over £200|
|Rest of world||£50||£50||£50||£50|
We aim to deliver your order within 10 working days*. Please note that during sale and peak periods you should allow up to 14 days. We are sorry that we do not deliver to PO Boxes.
Duties & Imports
J & L Tweed products are sold in Pounds Sterling on a delivery duty unpaid basis. The recipient, not the person who ordered them, may have to pay import duty or a formal customs entry fee prior to or on delivery. If you are ordering products to be delivered to someone else, please make sure they’re aware that they will be responsible for these charges. Additional taxes, fees or levies may apply according to local legislation. Unfortunately, we are unable to advise on the charges that are applicable. Customers are advised to check these details themselves before placing their order.
Payment & VAT
If you are living outwith the UK and wish to claim back VAT costs, please send an email to email@example.com and a representative from our Customer Care will assist you with this.
Exceptions & restrictions
We are sorry that geographical locations and carrier availability can restrict our service. During sales and peak periods our delivery dates may vary. Please allow extra time when placing your order. *Please note, working days exclude Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Returns and Cancellations
We try at all times to please our customers and want to you be happy with your purchases. If you are not satisfied with a product, please notify us within 14 days and return the goods to: J&L Tweed, Links House, Golf Course Road, Dornoch. We’ll exchange or refund it to the credit or debit card of the person who originally placed and paid for the order – please allow up to 10 days for your refund to be processed.
Under Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, if you buy online or by phone, your consumer rights entitle you to a full refund if you request one in writing within 14 working days of receipt. This includes any delivery charge, but excludes the products listed as exceptions below.
Items will be refunded or exchanged providing that you do not use the item; it is in the same condition as when you first bought it; and, you have taken reasonable care to ensure that any item is returned to us safely and not damaged in transit. We will not be held responsible for any goods damaged whilst being returned to us that have not been packaged by our dispatch team. We recommend that any items needing to be returned are done so in the original packaging to avoid such damage.
Sales & Promotional offers
Any promotions or sales continue whilst stocks last, subject to availability.